The latest residential security options are getting increasingly more intelligent. With that being said, you may still neglect to do basic security duties like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you didn’t have to worry about these tasks in the future? With geofencing in Cleveland, you won’t need to.
What is Geofencing In Cleveland For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border a set distance from your property, which you may arrange in your smartphone app. This convenient tool then tracks your phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart components take advantage of to interact with other connected equipment. The technology assists your home security by centralizing all devices onto one, unified network. You are then able to institute a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your house and assign particular actions if you move beyond the prearranged border line.
For example, shortly after you pull away from your premises, you may set your security system to lock doors, close the garage, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will alert your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Here are several of the components you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Electronic devices such as Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage door sensors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can use your home security system in Cleveland. When accessing the security app, you have the ability to make the most of automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: arrange your smart alarms and cameras to activate at a specific time. Have your lights start to dim to signal that it's time to turn in for the night, or disarm your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular equipment activate when another element is triggered. Have your thermostat turn on the exhaust fan when the CO detector trips. Or turn on your hall’s smart light if your doorbell camera detects unusual motion around your property.
● Customize scenes: Create scenes featuring various devices that all act in harmony together. Make your lights lower, the temperature go down, and the smart locks activate at the end of the day. Or program the system for a movie marathon with preset light and thermostat adjustments.
● Geofence your security: There may be times when you fail to set the security system if you're running late for work. With geofencing technology and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to switch on the alarm and shut the garage door.
Get Started with Geofencing in Cleveland
Whether you’re looking for additional peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you drive away or you want to explore your home automation options, geofencing will make things easier. Talk to a skilled member of our team today at (216) 273-8448 or submit the following form to start designing your ideal security system.