Home security cameras can simply be placed as a hindrance—a sign that tells burglars or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can leverage your video surveillance to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, the latest security cameras come armed with a plethora of features all designed to deliver total protection for your residence. Whether it’s recording functionality and two-way audio or infrared dark vision and fast action motion detection, these tools help you to utilize the most from video surveillance in Cleveland.
How To Set Up Your Cleveland Video Surveillance For Top-Of-The-Line Protection
The first step to optimizing your security cameras is placing the components in the right spots around your home. Interior security cameras should be placed in common areas such as the living room or den. It’s also a good idea to install a camera looking at main entryways, stairs, or other centralized areas criminals would have to move around to get to the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear sightline of your front door, front walk, and patio, shed, and other outdoor separated constructions, like sheds. You can always see a view of your front porch via a sleek doorbell camera.
There are places within your house that are less vital to monitor such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Even if you have jewelry in your bedroom, setting a camera in the room could hinder your privacy. Feel free to add window or motion sensors if you desire a form of security in bedrooms.
Features That Enhance Security Cameras
Device placement is only the foundation for extracting the utmost from home security cameras in Cleveland. The innovations described below help to optimize security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: See instant alerts on your phone anytime strange activity is sensed. You can also program cameras to begin capturing footage when activity is detected which will add to camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Program your home security cameras to record and back up clips so you can view them later.
- Two-way audio: Most of modern security cameras include a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually chat with anyone with the camera. Through your mobile app, you can act like you’re inside the building or welcome your kids as they arrive home from school.
- Field of view: Field of view, or how wide camera footage is, gives you a more exhaustive view of what where you want to protect. Opt for cameras that allow for at least 120-degree angle lens or that can pan automatically for optimum visibility.
- Infrared vision: Ensure your home security cameras have either infrared or LED sensors that will capture footage of overnight motion.
- Activity zones: To make security alerts more exact, create activity zones. For example, you can configure your exterior camera to inform you of movement happening on your yard or your driveway and ignore animals passing or the sidewalk.
- Mobile app: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to watch live camera feeds, move cameras, power or disengage the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app should send instant texts when the see something unusual taking place around your house.
Optimize Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Cleveland is simpler. From lightning quick motion detection to two-way talk, your security system can go from simply a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (216) 273-8448 or fill out the form below to get started customizing your security system today.