What To Know About Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Security Systems In Cleveland
You know you need to defend your home. After all, it offers shelter for your loved ones and is where you store your valuables. But what is the right kind of home defense? Determining if you should use round-the-clock monitoring is one of the primary decisions you need to make. Learn more about the advantages and drawbacks of monitored vs. unmonitored security systems in Cleveland and get a better idea of what’s ideal for you.
Important Distinctions Between Monitored Vs. Unmonitored Home Security Systems
When you opt for 24/7 monitoring, your home security system bridges to an external monitoring service that is set to act at all times. Whenever an entrypoint sensor triggers or a CO detector goes off, your monitoring agents get a prompt warning. They quickly go to work to validate the alarm and send the applicable emergency services.
On the other hand, an unmonitored security system doesn’t come with professional backup. You could think of this to be self-monitoring, which indicates that if an alarm sounds, you must take action to get it resolved. This possibility is the cheaper route, but it also reduces your peace of mind.
Advantages And Drawbacks Of A Monitored Security System In Cleveland
Here’s a quick breakdown of the pros and cons of a monitored security system.
Pros Of Monitored Systems
- Elevated security: Having a backup in place is always a good choice. If you are not on site, not awake, or without your cell phone, your home and its inhabitants will still be watched over.
- Quicker response: Monitoring specialists are always prepared. They’ll reply more quickly to incidents than you can alone.
- Insurance discounts: Monitored home security may qualify you for a homeowners insurance price cut.
- Superior equipment and flawless integration: When you get hardware, monitoring, and installation from a trusted home security provider, you will get access to a fully connected system with sensors and alarms that may be of a higher quality than what you will find independently.
Cons Of A Monitored System
- Fee: You will have a monthly fee for monitoring.
- Typically required to get a professional install: Numerous people would rather have the job completed by experienced professionals, but some DIYers might object.
- Must sign a contract: You will usually need to sign a contract as part of your package. This stipulation is likely to be agreeable for many as home security is a service you will want long term.
Pros And Cons Of An Unmonitored Security System In Cleveland
Here’s a brief breakdown of the benefits and downsides of an unmonitored security system.
Advantages Of An Unmonitored System
- Cost: You won’t incur a monitoring charge.
- Install yourself: Some might think of this as a pro as they can install the system themselves and circumvent an extra fee. Other residents may prefer going with a skilled technician.
- Greater Flexibility: You can install equipment whenever you wish - and from different manufacturers. However, you may find assembling into a cohesive system more challenging.
- Control: There won’t be a third party monitoring your alarms. If something happens, it’s up to you to get assistance.
Drawbacks Of An Unmonitored System
- No support: What happens when you’ve misplaced your cell phone and don’t see a security notification? This circumstance equates to additional stress and decrease your peace of mind.
- Calls for your complete attention: Due to the fact you are the only one in control, you must never stray too far from your home security app.
- Integrating the system is up to you: If you want assistance during an installation, you might have to pay for someone else. The installation process is also likely to be more time-intensive.
Defend Your Property With a Monitored Home Security System In Cleveland
Get the round-the-clock support you deserve with a monitored home security system in Cleveland from Secure24 Alarm Systems. We think you’ll agree that a cohesive, monitored home defense system is the ideal choice for your family. Contact (216) 273-8448 today to customize your package.